Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Give a shit

that's how it starts.

Give-a-shit. Now that's what we call creative marketing and getting something useful out of this social slang that is sometimes frowned upon ;) The message behind the campaign is quite ingenious though and I agree, that if only everyone gave a shit about something, it'll make everything that much better in it's own little way. I just feel that if you gave a shit about something, it will affect (subconsciously or not) your actions in some way or another. Doesn't matter how small it is, Rome wasn't built in a day nor was it built with one giant slab of stone. So pick a cause, and give a shit. (:

So the 12th of August marked my last day at Legal Aid. It has been an amazing run and I've learnt so much this past year. I am sometimes still quietly amazed at how everything turned out. I  remember going for the interview at Legal Aid hoping for an internship but came out with a job instead. From meeting clients/applicants to court experiences and to drafting tons of legal documents, it has been such a fruitful year and made even more memorable by the colleagues that I had. Nothing else I can say but that I've been truly blessed. (:

In the blink of an eye, it's now less than a week to departure and just over 2 weeks to the start of school. I was supposed to leave on the 15th but pushed my flight up by a couple of days to give myself slightly more time to settle in (: I, am so.damn.psyched :D Haven't had much time to read up as much as I wanted to though, as I have been helping Monica with the new Frejadesigns site. (Really excited for the launch!) but I'm still catching a few pages everyday and despite English Legal and Constitutional being awfully stiff and boring at times, I still like it. (: (:

Fees have also been fully paid, accommodation settled, registration has all been done and I've even gotten my timetable (: I only have lectures Mondays to Wednesdays! This gives me a bit more flexibility to find a job which I'm glad for since I've been told it's not easy to find one.

SO EXCITED TO FINALLY START LAW SCHOOL! :D

Alright, need to get back to packing.

Swedish word before I go, studenthem which means the dorms or hall of residence (:
Jag kommer att bo i studenthem means I will be living in the dorms.

Hej då!

No comments: