Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chapter IV

This is how it begins

Hello from Leeds! I've been here for 4 days now and things are starting to settle down. I've explored the uni and city a little, met a couple of new friends and basically familiarising myself with the surroundings. It's been pretty alright and I'm starting to get used to the changes (:

Induction for school starts on Monday and I'm super psyched (: I'm ready to just go ahead and start school now. Just going back in time a little, on my flight here, I caught Soul Surfer and it was such an apt film to start off this new chapter (: It was a true story about a teen surfer called Bethany Hamilton who despite losing her left arm in a shark attack, courageously overcame all odds to become a champion surfer. It was by no means an easy road and tough doesn't even come close to describing it but she soldiered on. There were hurdles along the way of course, heaps of it in massive proportions yet her determination to get back on her board refused to give in. (: 
I've been having nagging doubts of what ifs, will I, can I, because I know that law school's gonna be rough but this film has inspired me a little. Haha. I will have to grit my teeth and see this through. (:

Okay! On a lighter note, here are a couple of pictures from around uni (:


 Business school. Isn't it pretty!

 The new Law building (:


I must say that despite the cranky weather sometimes, Leeds often has amazing skies and you know how much I'm a sucker for them. (:

That's it for now. Swedish phrase before I go,  'Sommaruppehållet är slut nu.' which means the summer break is now over.

No comments: