Monday, July 25, 2011

Pakalolo

It's in the way you say it.

The tragedy of the twin attacks in Norway came as a shock to the world. Famously associated with the land of peace, it's the last place that one would imagine a gunman shooting at innocent kids at a camp. My heart goes out, to the loss of brilliance and innocence in Utøya and Oslo. Våra tankar är hos Norge. ♥

This sense of bone-deep exhaustion and weariness is starting to take it's toll. Hello old friend, it's been awhile since we last met, though I can't say I'm happy to see you again.

Horrid dreams of an alternate reality. I wake feeling like I just ran 10 miles in my sleep. A good night's sleep continues to elude me. Perhaps this is a sign that I should run 10 miles before bed, that might just knock me out.

Coupled with a sense of restlessness that I can't seem to still. Except for that 15 brief minutes in the museum, where I found myself heaving a breath of relief the size of Texas. For that few moments, in a room covered with canvases, I felt peace. I had the urge to fall asleep in there, to the flashing of Van Gogh's Starry Starry night. Wouldn't that be sweet.


50 days to a new start, a new chapter.

Not a word of grievance shall be uttered. I loathe this heavy heart but I refuse to give you the satisfaction of hearing me sigh.

My every fiber, is desperate for a break. It's been a long time coming.

On a brighter note, my visa was officially approved on 21st July. Best birthday, ever (:

Today's mini swedish lesson:
We know that snygg means that someone is handsome, good looking.
Snygga up on the other hand, would mean to clean up or to tidy up.

That is all.

No comments: